Emmanuel is a financial management professional, with several years’ experience working in the private and public sector, supporting various organizations within and outside Ghana to implement effective financial management systems. His objective is to support organizations to achieve their short- and long-term growth and profitability objectives in a sustainable and competitive manner. He combines his expertise in IT and financial management to exceptionally improve systems to provide most accurate analysis to aid decision-making and using research to provide information that places organizations ahead of the competition.
He is a member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana and an associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation Ghana. His key competency areas include;
- Financial management systems diagnosis
- Financial management systems restructuring
- Planning and budgeting systems design and implementation
- Financial reporting, and analysis
- Internal control systems analysis, review, and design
- Accounting systems and software installation and training among others
- Project financial management
- Financial management policy development
- Business valuation
- Strategic planning and proposal development
- Internal Audit services, tax management and advisory
- Risk analysis and management
- Development partners (donor) financial management
- Procurement and stores management
Emmanuel has consulted for a number of organisations to support the restructuring and redesign of their financial management systems. He has also been the resource person for several financial management capacity building programmes for organisations both within and outside Ghana. Emmanuel was the Head of Finance and IT for ActionAid Ghana between 2007 and 2015. He has written several articles on taxation and has been involved in researches (both local and international) on tax justice. Emmanuel has also made presentations at several workshops and has been panel member of several media discussions in Ghana and abroad on measures to improving taxation and associated policies in Ghana.
He holds an MBA from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) and currently pursuing a PhD in Applied Management and Decision Sciences with the Walden University, United States. He is also proficient in various IT applications including SUN Systems, Vision Executive and Excel, QuickBooks, Ms Office among others.